Friday 23 November 2012

Cannot Restart SQL Services

I recently received this request to restart the SQL Server Services Hi All I've a Local copy of SQL Server installed on my Computer ( SQL Server 2008 R2), it was all working fine up until below situation. I used local SSMS to connect to remote SQL server(SQL Server 2008 ) and performed some queries and closed the session. Then when I tried to connect to my Local SQL server using local SSMS, it pops up a message saying " Cannot Connect to localhost" A network specific or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQl Server. I observed under "SQL Server Configuration Manager" all services are stopped !! When I tried to re-start them it comes up with another error as " The request failed or service did not respond in a timely fashion. Consult the event log or other applicable error logs for details" Here's the answer Can you send the event log information? Have you tried a complete reboot? other issues to look at are login account username/pwd problem. I have also seen networking problems where the network trace route to the local host is not working. This could be a networking problem e.g. you have logged in to a vpn client or similar and it is still connected etc. Hi, Thanks, it looks like Logon issue, since my password has been changed after SQL server was installed on this machine, ??I Event Log says: "The SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not start due to a logon failure." Just like it says on the box. The answer is the event log. You just need to remember/know where to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment